Re: [Boost-docs] [boost] Maintaining boost.org

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] [boost] Maintaining boost.org
From: Joel de Guzman (joel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-24 16:32:02

On 5/24/10 10:41 PM, Rene Rivera wrote:

> One idea I had, before Boostcon when the whole where should Boost go
> discussion came up, was to move to using something like the Drupal model
> for sub-projects <http://drupal.org/project/Modules>. Particularly how
> the projects each have their own web area. And also how the groups
> section area of Drupal works <http://groups.drupal.org/>.
>
> Note, I'm not suggesting Drupal (even if I do currently use it). Just
> some of the structure they employ for projects since it does mirror the
> conglomerate project structure Boost has.

Last November, we switched the Spirit site to Wordpress.

     http://boost-spirit.com/home/

After having tried Drupal, Joomla, and a couple of other
CMS, we settled on Wordpress because of its simplicity,
low entry barrier and low maintenance. It's just perfect for
people on the go, like us.

Regards,

--
Joel de Guzman