Re: [Boost-docs] Doxygen features

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] Doxygen features
From: Daniel James (dnljms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-31 19:31:28

On 31 May 2010 20:01, Steven Watanabe <watanabesj_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> AMDG
>
> Daniel James wrote:
>>
>> Of the
>> top of my head, this will only be needed for arrays and function
>> pointers, so it might be possible to just put the variable name before
>> the first '[' or ')'. Does anyone know if there are any cases where
>> that could go wrong?
>
> void f(boost::function<void()> g);

I was assuming that 'type' couldn't be a function, only a function
pointer. But of course, it's used in typedefs which can be functions.
So... we'd need to skip over anything in angle or curly brackets and
then distinguish between function pointers and normal functions.
Tricky, when you consider (hopefully, these are all correct, I've
never got the hang of member pointers):

void(int*) => void f(int*)
void(*)() => void(*f)()
void(foo::*)() => void (foo::*f)()

I guess changing boostbook is probably the best route.

btw. I just noticed that my patch breaks function definitions. So
don't use it, I'll write something better soon.

Daniel