[Boost-docs] some doc nits

Subject: [Boost-docs] some doc nits
From: Eric Niebler (eric_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-06-12 05:58:36

On 6/12/2010 1:56 AM, Eric Niebler wrote:
> My messages to this list are bouncing for some reason.

Wow, strange. OK, here's the original:

Just some doc nits, for anyone with the time, interest and xslt chops.

There's a problem with how the xslt is dealing with <purpose> elements
for classes. See the synopsis I just generated for a class with two
nested classes:

http://boost-sandbox.sourceforge.net/libs/proto/doc/html/boost/proto/domain.html

There's a lot that has gone wrong here. It seems whitespace matters when
it probably shouldn't. Lines aren't broken sensibly, and when they are,
they aren't preceded by // to indicate they're a comment. Perhaps this
is my bad for writing a <purpose> that doesn't fit on one line, but that
doesn't seem like an unreasonable thing to do.

Also notice how some comments don't get syntax highlighted, like the 3
occurrences of "// types" and "// public member functions".

And as I've pointed out before, code that started out as a
<programlisting> (e.g. the Example in the description) doesn't get
highlighted at all.

The source xml for this page can be found here:

https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/browser/trunk/libs/proto/doc/reference/domain.xml

Finally, I noticed a strange CSS thing with free functions. See this page:

http://boost-sandbox.sourceforge.net/libs/proto/doc/html/header/boost/proto/deep_copy_hpp.html

Notice that the identifier for the deep_copy function is actually a
link, but is not colored like a link. Odd.

These docs were generated from trunk just now.

--
Eric Niebler
BoostPro Computing