Re: [Boost-docs] [quickbook][boostbook] CSS & image files

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] [quickbook][boostbook] CSS & image files
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-06-30 09:59:27

I've just started to try to comply with this with projects in development but I'm confused again.

Are we talking about Boost_trunk/doc/src/ with boostbook.css and /images containing home.png, next.png ... smiley.png,
alert.png used by Quickbook? And also all the svg equivalents (mostly - some of the Quickbook ones are missing - shall
I convert the .png with Inkscape and add them?).

I note that boost.png is NOT here.

And I'd also like my own 'Not yet Boost' logo, instead of boost.png. So where do I put it?
libs/my_stuff/doc/src/images/?

I'm also uncertain about how to deal with my own images, say "my_image.svg". (however ugly that might be! ;-)

Should they go at libs/my_stuff/doc/src/images/? But won't (all) this mean that you can't just zip the html folder to
package the complete docs for some library? Do I need something like

# install html : ../../../doc/html/boostbook.css ; # Boost style sheet.
# install ../../../boost.png ; # Boost standard reviewed logo.
# install navigation and admons...

to make sure that the final /html folder contains everything?

Would it be better to refer all the image requirements to boost_root (but when I've tried to use absolute references it
didn't work - I suspect that I haven't read the instructions for Windows users to specify URI carefully enough).

  # Path for links to Boost:
  #<xsl:param>boost.root=\$(local-boost-root) # Link to Boost logo boost.png
  # Links are relative by default, so preceed by \ to make absolute.
  # But doesn't seem to work :-(

Most important I want to reference these as [$my_image.jpg] in Quickbook, - just like that with no \src prefix.

Is Quickbook [$ my_image.svg] syntax 'hardwired' to expecting images in doc/html/ ?

Or can I point it somewhere else using the jamfile?

Or does this control it, perhaps with

<xsl:param>img.src.path=..\src\images

Thanks

Paul