Re: [Boost-docs] Quickbook document author Unicode a accent R&#xE5 isnot converted.

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] Quickbook document author Unicode a accent R&#xE5 isnot converted.
From: Daniel James (dnljms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-08-24 14:29:55

On 24 August 2010 14:24, Paul A. Bristow <pbristow_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> (I am not sure that this is the best solution long term - I am sure others
> would expect &0x0E5 to work as it does elsewhere.)

It doesn't work like that elsewhere. The other places where it's used
do so by escaping boostbook markup, which is a bit of a hack and
problematic if quickbook is ever able to generate other types of
output.

> These are attributes for the 'library' type in boostbook, but aren't valid
> for any of the other docbook types. It doesn't matter much, since they're
> just ignored, but I'm trying to get quickbook to generate valid boostbook
> and warn for anything that it isn't valid.
>
> So should I just delete them?

That's up to you, they don't cause any harm. You could change the
document type to 'library'. There might be a valid way for quickbook
to encode them, docbook documentation info is quite complicated.

Daniel