Re: [Boost-docs] [quickbook] Reference documentatation problem in TOC

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] [quickbook] Reference documentatation problem in TOC
From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-10-04 13:12:21

On 10/4/2010 4:18 AM, John Maddock wrote:
>> My reference documentation itself is being output from my doxygen
>> comments correctly. However in the TOC I am seeing:
>>
>> Reference
>> Reference
>> Header <boost/variadic_macro_data/VariadicMacroData.hpp>
>>
>> Those two references, each with their link, are redundant. The first
>> one links to a page which says:
>>
>> Reference
>> Header <boost/variadic_macro_data/VariadicMacroData.hpp>
>>
>> and the second one links to a page which says:
>>
>> Header <boost/variadic_macro_data/VariadicMacroData.hpp>
>>
>> In my quickbook file I have:
>>
>> [section:vmd_reference Reference]
>> [xinclude VariadicMacroDataReference.xml]
>> [endsect]
>>
>> where VariadicMacroDataReference.xml is what is being generated by the
>> the 'doxygen VariadicMacroDataReference' in my jamfile.
>>
>> How do I get rid of the extra Reference in the TOC ?
>
> No idea, but I assume that VariadicMacroDataReference.xml has a
> "reference" section at the top level? If so you may need to either tweek
> the Doxygen settings (never used that, so I can't help), or get rid of
> the Reference section in your quickbook.

If I get rid of the reference section in my quickbook, how does
quickbook know to add a reference and where it is among my sections ?
Currently my quickbook reference section is just:

[section:vmd_reference Reference]
[xinclude VariadicMacroDataReference.xml]
[endsect]

and VariadicMacroDataReference.xml is:

<?xml version="1.0" standalone="yes"?>
<library-reference>
<header name="boost/variadic_macro_data/VariadicMacroData.hpp">
... lots of xml for my header data
</header>
</library-reference>