Re: [Boost-docs] Troubleshooting [xinclude *.xml]

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] Troubleshooting [xinclude *.xml]
From: Daniel James (dnljms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-11-13 12:14:41

On 13 November 2010 04:44, er <erwann.rogard_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> It's here:
>
> https://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox/statistics/support/libs/assign/v2/doc/
>
> All the nice formatting that is displayed in index.html, such as table
> delimiters and highlighting in my working copy is lost in subversion.
> What could be the reason?

You used an absolute css path, it needs to be relative from the
destination directory.

> And I tried passing an absolute path,
>
> <xi:include href="/usr/local/trunk/libs/assign/v2/doc/doxygen/xml/index.xml"
>      />

I see what you've done now. You're directly including the xml doxygen
generates, you need to first convert it to boostbook. How are you
running doxygen? We normally use boost build to run it. If you look at
the attached patch it

> Another problem is that without an enclosing section in qbk, the output's
> format becomes untidy (same symptoms : table delimiters are lacking, no
> highlighting etc).

I suspect that docbook's chunker doesn't realise that the css path is
an absolute path and adds '..' to the beginning messing it up. Using a
relative path should fix that.

The attached patch should clean up your issues. You also don't need to
check in the doxygen files. It first adds a rule to build the doxygen
documentation, you'll need to include globs for all the directories
you wish to use. Then is adds a dependency to the boostbook rule, and
changes the stylesheet path to be relative (to the directory the
documentation will be built in). Finally it changes the quickbook file
to xinclude the boostbook generated from doxygen.

Daniel