Re: [Boost-docs] Table alyout differs between html and pdf

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] Table alyout differs between html and pdf
From: Daniel James (dnljms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-01-17 22:12:34

On 17 January 2011 18:20, Paul A. Bristow <pbristow_at_[hidden]> wrote:

>> I've noticed a difference between html and pdf on the display of Quickbook
>> generated tables, for example the attached.

You shouldn't expect the output to be the same, they're rendered using
different methods for different uses. It's generally considered good
practice to use a sans-serif font on the screen but a serif font when
printing.

>> The html seems to have a lot of space about and below - more spacing than
>> think looks good?  Spacing seems like two char heights on html but only
> one for
>> pdf (and even one is plenty IMO).

I added a doctype to generated html. It looks like the css relies on
quirks mode. That's not good. I think I'm going to have to give it a
bit of an overhaul for the next release.

Daniel