Re: [Boost-docs] [auto-index] Generating an index in PDF output

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] [auto-index] Generating an index in PDF output
From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-01-26 19:39:01

On 1/26/2011 12:13 PM, John Maddock wrote:
>> It works fine but I get no index entries in my pdf output, just an
>> empty Index section. In the auto-index output it is definitely picking
>> up the entries from the scan. In the HTML output I do see the Index
>> entries.
>>
>> My command line is:
>>
>> bjam --enable-index --boost=C:/Programming/VersionControl/boost
>> toolset=msvc-10.0 pdf
>>
>> It is true that I get no Index items in PDF even when I comment out
>> the line in my jamfile which says:
>>
>> # <auto-index-type>appendix
>
> Weird, works for me. Can you have a look at the contents of the .docbook
> file generated and see if the <indexterm>'s are in there OK?

I see what is happening. The PDF is being generated in different places
depending on whether I am using auto-index or not and depending on what
my auto-index options are. The PDF is correct and has correct index
entries. I was just looking at the wrong PDF output.

The name of the pdf file is also changing from
TypeTraitsIntrospection.pdf to TypeTraitsIntrospection.auto-index.pdf.
Now that I have found the correct PDF output everything is OK.