[Boost-docs] Hopefully helpful 'docs about docs'

Subject: [Boost-docs] Hopefully helpful 'docs about docs'
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-03-09 12:31:34

I've finally put some work into preparing a template for anyone preparing
Boost docs using the Quickbook, Doxygen, AutoIndex toolchain.

And I've written an expanded version that tries to give lots of hints and
tips, lots of references, and lists the many pits into which I have plopped
in using this rather unforgiving system.

It includes an index (prepared using John Maddock's AutoIndex) - because one
of the major problems I have found is that, even knowing there is a way to
do something or a cause of an error, finding *where* in the existing
documents or on the lists, remains a major problem, even with the ever
friendly Google.

I've provisionally committed the template version (an expanded version of
Daniel James sandbox /example template) at

https://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox/guild/mylibrary/

But I am uncertain that this is the best place to put it.

Should I create a new sandbox item at

https://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox/mylibrary/ ?

or would

/boost-sandbox/tools/mylibrary/

be better?

Similarly where should I put the much fuller version called

quick_auto_dox_index

Both create html and PDF versions of course.

Should I commit the full HTML and PDF versions? (So they are easily read and
indexed by Google?)

Views?

Paul

---