Re: [Boost-docs] [quickbook] doxygen header file names in the TOC

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] [quickbook] doxygen header file names in the TOC
From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-03-23 14:52:13

On 3/23/2011 5:09 AM, John Maddock wrote:
>> In the TOC that gets generated by quickbook, the names of each header
>> file is listed indented beneath the name of the reference section,
>> which gets generated by doxygen. Is there a way not to show these
>> indented header file names in the TOC ?
>
> I don't know the answer, but all that stuff is controlled by the Docbook
> xsl stylesheets (along with the actual Docbook structure created by the
> Doxygen->Docbook transform). So your first port of call should be
> http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/doc/

I do not think it is a DocBook issue. The reference section is brought
in by:

[xinclude tti_reference.xml]

put in a quickbook .qbk file. It's the inclusion of this xml file,
generated by the doxygen rule in my jam file, which creates the TOC
entry. In the TOC entry for the reference I see:

Type Traits Introspection Reference
       Header xxx...
       Header yyy...
       Header zzz...

The header file entries act like subsections in normal quickbook, which
get indented in the TOC beneath their section. In the case of the
doxygen xml I would like to eliminate all those "Header..."-like
subsections in the TOC.

In the Docbook reference their are xsl stylesheet parameters which refer
to the TOC as a whole, but I see no way to change just one TOC entry. It
would seem there should be a way to change how doxygen works so that
those "Header..." are not generated in the TOC.

This is not a big issue, but if one's library generates many header
files being documented by doxygen, which is normally a good idea for
thorough doxygen documentation, then the TOC contains an indented item
for each one for the reference and having so many of them looks ugly as
compared to the rest of the TOC. So eliminating all those indented
header files in the TOC is my goal if it can be done.