Re: [Boost-docs] [quickbook] [style] adjusting the text column width

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] [quickbook] [style] adjusting the text column width
From: John Maddock (boost.regex_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-03-27 17:10:23

> So to conclude my somewhat lengthy argumentation, I have a question
> about the CSS support in QuickBook which is mentioned at the first
> page of the QuickBook documentation. How to go about constraining the
> column width? Is there an easy way to add some CSS to the
> documentation, while keeping everything else from the Boost
> stylesheets (and without needing to dig into every output html file
> every time)? I couldn't find the answer to this question in the
> QuickBook documentation, nor in the BoostBook documentation.

This isn't really anything to do with quickbook/Docbook etc, it's a pure
HTML CSS issue.

You are of course free to set the stylesheet to something other than
"boost.css" when generating your docs.

> At the option of the maintainers, this email may also be considered a
> request for a permanent change to the Boost stylesheets, because I
> think all Boost documentation would improve considerably if the column
> width were constrained to about 80en or about 600px.

That actually might not be a bad idea, as to how to go about it, I have no
idea :-(

It might also require a bit of fiddling around to prevent code and tables
from overflowing to the right, or looking all cramped up... sometimes you
need the width!

John.