Re: [Boost-docs] [Quickbook] No longer able to build the regex docs?

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] [Quickbook] No longer able to build the regex docs?
From: Daniel James (dnljms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-06-21 10:08:40

On 21 June 2011 09:28, John Maddock <boost.regex_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Thanks for the fix!
>
> Not XML escaping \< etc seems like an out and out bug to me, the only time
> one would want those to appear as literals is if you've escaped to Docbook.
>
> Ah wait... after your fix, then the "=\<=" used in the regx docs *is*
> correctly escaped.

That's because I just removed all support for escapes in simple
markup, so it just treats them as normal characters (as it did
before).

Quickbook still won't encode \< outside of simple markup. For example
all of these:

    /x/
    '''<emphasis>x</emphasis>'''
    \<emphasis\>x\</emphasis\>

generate:

    <emphasis>x</emphasis>

But there is a difference - docbook escaped with ''' will be ignored
by the post-processor, so if it's invalid xml quickbook will still
successfully run (but you'll get an error from xsltproc), but \< etc.
aren't be ignored by the post-processor, which is why it failed.