[Boost-docs] Sphinx integration

Subject: [Boost-docs] Sphinx integration
From: Mateusz Loskot (mateusz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-09-26 23:46:33

Hi,

I'm wondering if there is anything available, discussed or planned
regarding integration of the Sphinx [1] documentation generator.
Sphinx evolved as mainly used by the Python world, but AFAIS it has been
quickly spreading to other camps, C and C++ included.
In fact, Sphinx has not only become popular as documentation generator
but also as tool to maintain project websites where majority of the
content is fairly static and no need for real CMS.
Plain text files with source of content and cronjob do the job well.

I have found two references in boost-docs archives, [2] and [3],
but without in-depth discussion about pros and cons of
integrating Sphinx into the Boost documentation toolset/workflow.

Has anyone considered it?
Would it be valid to discuss Sphinx for Boost?

[1] http://sphinx.pocoo.org/
[2] http://lists.boost.org/boost-docs/2009/02/3797.php
[3] http://lists.boost.org/boost-docs/2010/05/4066.php

Best regards,