Re: [Boost-docs] Sphinx integration

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] Sphinx integration
From: John Maddock (boost.regex_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-09-28 16:09:22

>> Perhaps quickbook to reStructuredText is a feasible solution.
>> Then all move to writing in reStructuredText, etc.
>
> But then there's the issue of lossiness.

And lets not forget that some of us really like quickbook ;-)

Also some things like the Math docs have some complex quickbook templates
for generating differing content for PDF and HTML output in order to support
equations etc.

Which is not to say that Boost.Build couldn't support RestructuredText to
facilitate building such docs - then if they can be built as PDF's (I assume
there's a way?) the Boost-wide PDF build could incorporate the Restructured
Text docs as well as the Docbook ones.

John.

PS I don't follow why quickbook "makes you think like a programmer", it
doesn't do for that to me at all (I hope!), what it does do though is force
me to think about the structure of the document as well as the content, and
IMO that's not a bad thing - for me anyway ;-)