Re: [Boost-docs] Sphinx integration

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] Sphinx integration
From: Mateusz Loskot (mateusz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-10-11 13:57:06

On 11/10/11 14:40, Dave Abrahams wrote:

> on Tue Oct 11 2011, Mateusz Loskot<mateusz-AT-loskot.net> wrote:
>
>>> Sorry, I don't know what you mean by "implement the unification for use
>>> and processing of Doxygen in Boost." Could you explain?
>>
>> I mean that, presumably, it is a good idea if all Boost libraries
>> documented using Doxygen use exactly the same tool to transform the
>> Doxygen comments into API reference in BoostBook or QuickBook format.
>>
>> This way, look& feel of all API references would be consistent
>> and authors would probably be encouraged to update comments for better
>> Boost API documentation coverage.
>
> +1
>
> In fact, it shouldn't be up to the individual libraries; the
> transformation should be part of the documentation build process.

Yes, that's what I have in mind.

Now, regarding the implementation of such translator:
- is there anything already available in current doc tools in Boost,
Vault,...?
- if not, where it should go? separate cmd line tool like quickbook?
- what's best way to parse XML for BoostDoc for ? libxml, Boost.Tree,
Spirit?

Best regards,

Member of ACCU, http://accu.org