[Boost-docs] How best to handle references using Quickbook

Subject: [Boost-docs] How best to handle references using Quickbook
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-10-21 11:41:12

I'm revisiting some docs that involve lots of references.

I'm using Quickbook footnotes, (putting the reference at the bottom m of the page, but I'd *also*
like a full list of references in a section References.

So I'm using Quickbook footnotes with macros.

[def __Coplien James O. Coplien. Advanced C++ Programming Styles and Idioms. Addison Wesley, Reading
Massachusetts, 1992.]

[def __MISRA MISRA. MISRA-C++ 2008: Guidelines for the Use of the C++ Language in Critical Systems.
MISRA Consortium, [@http://www.misra-cpp.org/ MISRA-C++], 2008.]

calling thus

   ... flexible numerical software architecture [footnote __Coplien], [footnote __MISRA]

[section: references References]
* __Coplien
* __MISRA
[endsect] [/section: references References]

which produces the expected section