Re: [Boost-docs] The beauty of LATEX

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] The beauty of LATEX
From: Joel de Guzman (joel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-10-24 23:43:13

On 10/24/2011 11:10 PM, Matias Capeletto wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 3:29 PM, Joel de Guzman
> <joel_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> On 10/24/2011 6:46 PM, Matias Capeletto wrote:
>>>
>>> This is a paragraph.
>>>
>>> [custom_bold This is a paragraph]
>>>
>>> [custom_template_for_inserting_image This is not]
>>>
>>> [custom_section_start The same here]
>>>
>>> How will you differentiate the second one from the last two?
>>
>> With the current wiki-wiki paragraph detection you can't.
>> Currently, paragraphs are detected when you have two or
>> more newlines. All those above will be in its own paragraph.
>> You can only do it by avoiding the double-newlines, e.g.:
>>
>> (indenting for clarity):
>>
>> [custom_bold This is a paragraph]
>> [/ no double-newline here]
>> [custom_template_for_inserting_image This is not]
>>
>> [custom_section_start The same here]
>>
>> That's inherent in wiki style paragraphs.
>
> I will try to rephrase my question. In Quickbook the following two
> lines (that are separated by two newlines and have all that it takes
> to be a wiki style paragraph) are treated differently:
>
> [link id This ends up as a paragraph]
>
> [section This is not a paragraph]
>
> Both are essentially the same, but Quickbook knows that the [section
> ...], [endsect], etc should not be considered a paragraph. How will
> the wiki processor knows that it has to wrap the [link ...] line with
> a [para ...] template and that the second one should pass as is?

Currently, the wiki processor detects two newlines as a paragraph.
I think it should be more smarter than that. It should be able
to detect non-paragraphs and act accordingly. That means, detecting
the presence of "[section", in this case, or any other potential
non-paragraphs. So, with the wiki preprocessor this:

  [section The Uncertainty Principle]

  The position and momentum of a particle cannot be
  simultaneously measured with arbitrarily high precision.

  [endsect] [/ The Uncertainty Principle]

Should generate this:

  [section The Uncertainty Principle]

  [para The position and momentum of a particle cannot be
  simultaneously measured with arbitrarily high precision.]

  [endsect] [/ The Uncertainty Principle]

The crucial point is that the template processor should be
100% regular and free from these quirks.

Regards,

--
Joel de Guzman
http://www.boostpro.com