Re: [Boost-docs] Effects of document-type?

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] Effects of document-type?
From: Daniel James (dnljms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-11-29 16:24:08

On 29 November 2011 14:56, Beman Dawes <bdawes_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> The Quickbook docs for document-type list the names (book, article,
> library, etc.) but gives no indication as to what the effects are.
> Does a stylesheet change? Do other settings change?

They're more about semantics than presentation. You can't make much
use of them in quickbook 1.5, since you can't nest them inside each
other (well, you can with xincludes, but that's a pain to get right).

> See http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_48_0/doc/html/quickbook/syntax.html#quickbook.syntax.block.document
>
> The best response would be if someone could update the docs, perhaps
> by converting the list of names to a table showing the effect of each
> name.

It isn't very complete, but here's the work in progress expanded documentation:

http://www.calamity.org.uk/boost/document-info/html/index.html

The document types are just links to the docbook reference because
that's all I really know. With quickbook 1.5, it's best to stick with
'library' for documenting boost libraries.