Re: [Boost-docs] [quickbook] Why doesn't this work?

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] [quickbook] Why doesn't this work?
From: Daniel James (dnljms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-01-21 11:13:43

On 21 January 2012 05:01, Rene Rivera <grafikrobot_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> I'm rather confused.. I keep trying to use templates to reduce some of the
> repetition in doing the tree TR proposal. And I ran into a strange error.
> I've reduced my problem down to this code:
>
>  [template tr_ref[id] [link [id] tr]]
>  [tr_ref hierarchy.req]

You can't use templates in link values. Maybe will be able to in 1.7.

> It produces this error:
>
>  x.qbk:2: error: Mismatched code bracket

I assume that should 'close bracket'. When reporting problems, can you
let me know if you're using 1.6, it makes quite a difference.

I missed out this case when fixing square bracket handling for 1.6, so
it didn't count for the '[' before 'id' (i.e. parsed it as '[link
\[id]', so the square bracket that should have closed the element
doesn't match an open bracket. I'll fix this on the quickbook-dev
branch and add a more helpful error message.