Re: [Boost-docs] [quickbook] Problem with [pre element

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] [quickbook] Problem with [pre element
From: Daniel James (dnljms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-04-12 12:04:45

On 12 April 2012 12:32, John Maddock <boost.regex_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Which doesn't honour the spaces in front of the first "1", but does for all
> the others - I've checked BTW that the problem is present in the docbook, so
> I assume this is a quickbook issue?

Yes, it has always done that. Looking at the source I fixed it for 1.6
but didn't for older versions to maintain backwards compatibility.
I've done that quite a lot because I've found that seemingly sensible
changes can break things. I should get round to finishing of 1.6, it's
pretty much ready. I think I just need people to have a look at the
changes and try them out to see if there's anything they object to or
want changed.

As a workaround, you can trick quickbook by putting something that
doesn't cause any output after the pre tag (other than a comment),
such as an empty template:

[template empty]
[pre [empty]
     1