Re: [Boost-docs] Generating HTML from BoostBook XML (was Re: [boost] Should I use std::get or boost::get (or both) in Boost.Array)

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] Generating HTML from BoostBook XML (was Re: [boost] Should I use std::get or boost::get (or both) in Boost.Array)
From: Daniel James (dnljms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-12-19 19:41:25

On 19 December 2012 19:32, Marshall Clow <mclow.lists_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> [ Resending to the -docs list ]
>
> I'm updating the Boost.Array documentation to describe the changes I made, and the only source file there is BoostBook XML.
> That's unfortunate, but OK, I can edit that.
>
> But how do I turn it into HTML?
> There's no Jamfile in the libs/array/doc directory, just a XML file.
>
> [ Note: I believe I have all the pieces installed correctly; I can generate documentation for other libraries. ]

It's normally just built as part of the combined documentation, which
wasn't so horrendously slow when the array documentation was
originally written. You can add a Jamfile if you want to build
standalone documentation. Something like:

using boostbook ;
boostbook standalone : array.xml : <xsl:param>boost.root=../../../.. ;