Re: [Boost-docs] Quickbook links to functions with the same name but different parameter lists

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] Quickbook links to functions with the same name but different parameter lists
From: Daniel James (daniel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-05-29 10:46:44

On 29 May 2013 08:55, Paul A. Bristow <pbristow_at_[hidden]> wrote:

>> Quickbook uses spaces as a separator, and doesn't have a good way of quoting values, so I don't
> think
>> there's much that can be done here.
>> Not in the short term anyway. But doesn't really matter if the boostbook support is there.
>
> Yes - fine - a feature not a bug. Might be worth documenting, but it's pretty obvious what to do
> if you meet it.

I'd say that having no way specify a value with a space in it is a
design bug/flaw. I'm not sure how to fix it though. We could adapt the
template convention of (optionally) separating arguments with '..', or
use square brackets with an appropriate symbol (e.g. [=some text]
would be a single argument of value 'some text' i.e. a no-op element),
or just use quotes (not very consistent though).