Re: [Boost-docs] [quickbook] Phrase templates containing blocks

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] [quickbook] Phrase templates containing blocks
From: Daniel James (daniel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-06-23 16:15:40

On 23 June 2013 16:51, Paul A. Bristow <pbristow_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> [...]

Ah, okay. Btw. it turns out that in quickbook 1.6 an empty block tag
can be used to force a paragraph break.

[template para
[block]
]

* Paragraph 1
  [para]
  Paragraph 2
* Paragraph 3
  [para]
  Paragraph 4

The resulting markup is pretty weird, but I'm going to try to fix
that. It wan't intentional, but I think it's okay.

> I think I'm not really OK with blocks and phrases, (nor layout as part of syntax as I've complained
> before) but I'll have to live with all of that ;-)

Yes, I don't entirely agree but I think if I was to design such a
language from scratch, I'd do it a little differently. For a start, I
wouldn't use indentation for code blocks.