[Boost-docs] Quickbook 1.6 alpha and Quickbook 1.7

Subject: [Boost-docs] Quickbook 1.6 alpha and Quickbook 1.7
From: Daniel James (daniel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-08-23 12:16:03

Hi,

I've marked the current version of quickbook as 1.6 alpha. This doesn't
mean that much, just that I've finished developing new features for this
release. If you're using 1.6 (or want to) you probably should rebuild
now. I'm working on getting the documentation up to date. You can find
the latest at:

http://boost-sandbox.sourceforge.net/doc/html/quickbook.html

I just noticed there are two copies of the quickbook 1.6 notes, that
should be fixed later today.

Quickbook 1.7 will probably be included in the next release cycle,
although it probably won't include everything mentioned in the
documentation. Going through the documented changes, my current thinking
is:

Error for elements used in incorrect context: probably.
Error for invalid phrase elements: probably.
Source mode for single entities: maybe not.
Callouts in code blocks: probably.
Escaped docbook in docinfo blocks: don't know.
Pargraphs in lists: probably.
Templates in link values: almost certainly not.
List Markup in Nested Blocks: probably.
Source mode for single entities: probably.

So basically it will mainly clean up problems with block markup, and
make the language a bit stricter. Let me know if you don't like any of
this. The aim is for Quickbook 1.7 alpha to be ready at the beginning of
the next release cycle.

Daniel