Re: [Boost-docs] How to get syntax coloring in Quickboook Doxygen C++ Reference sections

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] How to get syntax coloring in Quickboook Doxygen C++ Reference sections
From: Daniel James (daniel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-10-27 18:12:11

On 27 October 2013 17:54, Paul A. Bristow <pbristow_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> I'm haven't another déjà vu about this issue ;-)
>
> But is there something I am doing wrong that I am not seeing syntax coloring from this Doxygen
> comment, even after specifying that it is cpp.
>
> (Syntax coloring works fine from Quickbook snippets).
>
> @b Example:
>
> \code{.cpp}
> #include <boost/numeric/safe_cast.hpp>
> #include <boost/numeric/safe_integer.hpp>
>
> void f(){
> safe_integer<char> i;
> unsigned char j;
> i = 1;
> j = safe_cast<unsigned char>(i); // ok
> i = -1;
> j = safe_cast<unsigned char>(i); // throws std::out_of_range exception
> i = 1024;
> j = safe_cast<unsigned char>(i); // throws std::out_of_range exception
> }
> \endcode
>
> This gives syntax colored if you use the doxywizard, but the html generated from Quickbook toolchain
> is just in 'code font' with the html source

Where are you putting this code sample? I tried adding it to a class
description and it was syntax highlighted there. Syntax highlighting
for doxygen documentation is handled in the boostbook to docbook
stage, and I guess it only does it in certain places. It might be
possible to add it where you need it.