Re: [Boost-docs] [Invalid] Markup Validation of index.html - W3C Markup Validator_files

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] [Invalid] Markup Validation of index.html - W3C Markup Validator_files
From: Daniel James (daniel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-12-19 09:48:04

On 19 December 2013 09:17, Paul A. Bristow <pbristow_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> OK - thanks - I'll file it under
>
> "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds," ;-)

Maybe not. On second thoughts, there is now a stronger reason to add a
doctype. The doctype is one of the factors which Internet Explorer
uses to decide which browser engine to use. If has two - the old
non-standards compliant one, and the shiny new engine. It keeps the
old one around to avoid breaking web pages that depend on its quirks,
which includes our documentation pages. New features are only added to
the new engine, so we'll have to update our pages if we want to use
SVG.