Re: [Boost-docs] [quickbook] bjam failure.

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] [quickbook] bjam failure.
From: Mostafa (mostafa_working_away_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-12-28 00:15:04

On Fri, 27 Dec 2013 16:04:16 -0800, Daniel James <daniel_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> On 27 December 2013 23:25, Mostafa <mostafa_working_away_at_[hidden]>
> wrote:
>> On Fri, 27 Dec 2013 07:19:54 -0800, Daniel James
>> <daniel_at_[hidden]>
>> wrote:

>>> Yes, quickbook depends on several boost libraries. If you want to
>>> avoid cloning all of boost, you can build quickbook from the last
>>> boost release. Then to use it, you just need to tell boost build where
>>> to find the executable, by adding to your 'user-config.jam':
>>>
>>> using quickbook : path/to/quickbook.exe ;
>>

>> Thanks, now I'm getting somewhere. So, I've built quickbook.exe from
>> Boost
>> 1.53 and the rest of the tools I'm using are directly from the head of
>> the
>> git repo. I'm able to generate html documentation from qbk files, but
>> their
>> slightly different from what's checked-in. Example, in libs/range/doc I
>> ran
>> ../../../tools/build/bjam.exe and get diffs along the following lines:
>>
>> -<div class="section range_reference_utilities_join">
>> +<div class="section">
>>
>> 1) Is this because of my non-standard setup? Should I just clone
>> everything?
>
> No, that's because the range documentation was built with an different
> version of boostbook. It's no problem.

If html files, or any other files for that matter, are auto-generated then
why are they included in the repo? The reason I ask because this
difference in boostbook version causes a lot of extraneous noise when I do
a git status. Instead of the three html files I was expecting to be
modified when I changed a qbk file there are 153 extra html files that
show up as modified.

Thanks,

Mostafa