[Boost-docs] [quickbook] how do I include output of a unit test run?

Subject: [Boost-docs] [quickbook] how do I include output of a unit test run?
From: Richard (legalize+jeeves_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-12-29 02:05:23

This is probably an unusual request. I'm rewriting the docs for
Boost.Test and I want to include the output of a failed unit test run
in the documentation I'm writing.

I've tried somethings like:

[pre
[include ../../crazy/relative/path/to/exe.output]
]

```
[include ../../crazy/relative/path/to/exe.output]
```

but neither worked. Furthermore, the crazy relative path will change
with toolset and build variant, so obviously that is not desirable.

What the old docs did was manually copy the *.output files to the
source tree and suck them in from there. However, this means that if
the underlying source files or the format of Boost.Test output
changes, then those output files have to be updated manually.

Maybe the right thing to do is to program this in boost.build to copy
a fixed prefix/postfix around the otuput file into the source
directory and orchestrate the sequencing the boost.build targets.
Something akin to:

(echo "[pre"; cat ../../crazy/relative/path/to/exe.output; echo "]") >
exe.output

     The Computer Graphics Museum <http://computergraphicsmuseum.org>
  Legalize Adulthood! (my blog) <http://legalizeadulthood.wordpress.com>