[Boost-docs] Automatically running the Boost inspect tool

Subject: [Boost-docs] Automatically running the Boost inspect tool
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-04-17 14:18:29

I've been trying to be virtuous and setting a good example by running the Boost
Inspect Tool over docs automatically.

So far I have added this (from Beman) to the end of the jamfile,

# Run inspect tool.
 run /boost/tools/inspect//inspect/<variant>release
  : $(parent) -text -brief # Command line.
  : # Input files
  : <dependency>/boost/filesystem//boost_filesystem
    <test-info>always_show_run_output # Requirements.
  : inspect # Test name.
 ;

and this works OK.

But it adds quite a long time to the docs build because it re-builds the inspect
tool every time :-(

It would be good to devise a 'standard' way to run the tool automatically rather
than running inspect.exe in the directory as a post-builditem(I've used an
addition to a batch file) or worse, waiting days for the regression 'sinners'
list to show up.

Suggestions welcome on a better way of doing this?

Paul

---
Paul A. Bristow
Prizet Farmhouse