Re: [Boost-docs] direct support for toggle-able paragraphs/sections in quickbook

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] direct support for toggle-able paragraphs/sections in quickbook
From: Gennadiy Rozental (rogeeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-01-08 18:27:38

Paul A. Bristow <pbristow <at> hetp.u-net.com> writes:

> > * to hide "fine print" most users do not need
> > * short vs detailed view
> > * example and its output

> I don't see why you want to 'hide' anything?

Ok. I Imagine "fine print" I can implement as footnote and detailed view on
a separate page (though this is not the best IMO).

> Examples should use snippets of the code and hyperlinks to the full code
> examples
>
> "The full code is at [ <at> ../example/simple_tests.cpp]"
>
> The output can also be pasted at the bottom of the .cpp and made
> into a snippet.
>
> But you and Raffi are doing lots of these things already?

We do have an complete example right there. I'd like user to see an example
first without being distracted by the output. This is not a requirement but
would be a nice feature.

> It looks pretty good 'as-is' - *dramatically* better than before.
>
> Expose it to public view asap?

BOOST_TEST and few other thing are still missing, but we are close.

Gennadiy