Re: [Boost-docs] svn.boost.org wiki

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] svn.boost.org wiki
From: Stefan Seefeld (stefan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-07-15 16:47:22

On 15/07/15 12:39 PM, Rene Rivera wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 15, 2015 at 10:14 AM, Stefan Seefeld <stefan_at_[hidden]
> <mailto:stefan_at_[hidden]>> wrote:
>
> The content of https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ seems rather
> outdated,
> and it has been confusing me a number of times as it wasn't clear what
> is and what isn't up-to-date.
>
> * There is an entire section "Quick Access to the Boost Subversion
> Repository". Shouldn't that be removed entirely ?
>
> * The section "Git and Modular Boost" starts with "Boost is
> moving...".
> Isn't that conversion complete (and thus, shouldn't the docs state
> that
> clearly) ?
>
> * There are other seemingly outdated bits, but there are
> relatively minor...
>

> Yeah.. It's outdated. Part of the web site & general infrastructure
> work would be to clean that up (likely by moving it to a new place).

OK. But the two first points above seem straight-forward enough, so why
not do it right now, if that's indeed the right thing to do ? Why let
perfect be the enemy of good ? :-)
In other words: would anyone mind if I removed the "Quick Access..."
section, and slightly changed the phrasing in the "Git and Modular
Boost" section ?

> What I was actually trying to figure out is how / where to
> indicate that
> for Boost.Python I would like issues to be submitted with the
> respective
> github issue tracker, rather than the old Boost Trac instance.
>

> Regarding that.. One thing I thought about is that we could rename the
> python trac component to something like "python USE GITHUB".

Hah. Yes, that may work, but I'd still want to advertise the github
issue tracker properly, somewhere. And the question remains: where ?

I was thinking of setting up a Boost.Python website on github, with
mostly the same content as on Boost.org (i.e., generated form the same
sources), plus some additional bits that I can't easily integrate into
Boost.org, such as Boost.Python-specific development docs.
I see that some Boost libraries also have their own website outside
Boost.org (http://boost-spirit.com, say :-) ), so this wouldn't be a
first...

Thanks,
        Stefan