Re: [Boost-docs] svn.boost.org wiki

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] svn.boost.org wiki
From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-07-15 18:00:57

On Wed, Jul 15, 2015 at 11:51 AM, Robert Ramey <ramey_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On 7/15/15 9:14 AM, Stefan Seefeld wrote:

> Again, this is a topic way too big for this list, copy or cross post this
> thread.

Yep.. Way too big for this one thread.

 It's
>> still not clear how to do that (as the Boost docs are again quite
>> monolithic in this respect, i.e. don't allow a per-library policy).
>>

> Hmmm - I'm seeing just the opposite. To me, the only requirement is that
> there be a raw html version. There is not particular requirement on how
> one get's there. This has worked out pretty well in my view. It permits
> evolution while not requiring a lot of work for older systems.
>
> The one thing that really annoys me about the current system is that I
> would like to html for each library downloaded as part of the library so
> when I update/download the Boost system or one particular library, I can
> just browse the docs without any other extra step.

I guess the only suggestion I have is to do what I do in Predef, but with
whatever tools you want. I generate independent/standalone docs that re
included in the git tree. I do need a separate Boost tree to get the CSS &
images from, but I copy them locally to avoid dead references. Since I use
quickbook I could theoretically integrate them into the bigger single docs,
but haven't bothered.

--
-- Rene Rivera
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything