Re: [Boost-docs] interface between library documentation and Boost website

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] interface between library documentation and Boost website
From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-07-17 18:48:45

On Fri, Jul 17, 2015 at 12:36 PM, Stefan Seefeld <stefan_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> On 17/07/15 02:32 PM, Rene Rivera wrote:
> >
> > OK then..
> >
> > * Yes, the HTML files as presented on the web site are dynamically
> > post-process with some PHP scripting. I know, yuck.. But it was the
> > easiest way to not have to support making the docs match the style of
> > the website, avoid changing the doc build process, and support
> > browsing docs from different Boost releases.
> >
> > * The post-process is not done for all libraries. As some library docs
> > are too complicated. It's mostly just the ones that use
> > QuickBook/BoostBook.
> >
> > * The style sheets are different on the web site. They are somewhat
> > more complex than the regular doc ones.
> >
> > * Some of the navigation elements/links are removed. Basically the
> > ones in the header as we try and keep the global web site header
> > around, if possible, everywhere.
>
> OK, yes, I can see this being the most expedient solution. But let me
> ask again: is this process documented anywhere (are the sources
> available, so I can attempt to run this locally to validate any changes
> I may apply) ?

Documentation for how the web site is updated is at <
http://www.boost.org/development/website_updating.html>. It also includes
how to run your own Apache web server to see the end results. There's a
link in there for the web site github project if you want to look at all of
the web site code.

--
-- Rene Rivera
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything