Re: [Boost-docs] website branches

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] website branches
From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-07-30 12:00:03

On Thu, Jul 30, 2015 at 2:49 AM, Vladimir Prus <vladimir.prus_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> On 28-Jul-15 5:29 PM, Rene Rivera wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Jul 28, 2015 at 8:19 AM, Vladimir Prus <vladimir.prus_at_[hidden]>
>> wrote:
>>
>> On 28-Jul-15 3:41 PM, Rene Rivera wrote:
>>>
>>> On Tue, Jul 28, 2015 at 1:09 AM, Vladimir Prus <vladimir.prus_at_[hidden]

>>> Would it be possible to rename it appropriately, or convert into a tag?
>>>

>> What name would be better?
>>

> Say, 'original-website-design-2011' or whatever the year it was.

Maybe I miscommunicated.. The contents are not obsolete files or the
original state of the web site. It's the source work files for the web site
and Boost iconography. I.e. it has source fonts, and source images for the
current website elements. So even though the files haven't changed they are
actively used. And we periodically point people at them for further
iconography work.

 How would converting it into a tag help?

> It would reduce clutter in branch selector in github interface.

But what branch would I base the tag from? Those files don't exist any
place other than the branch they are in currently. Or would making a tag in
the workspace branch remove the branch from the selector?

--
-- Rene Rivera
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything