Re: [Boost-docs] Problem building documentation from quickbbook to html using xslt under Windows

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] Problem building documentation from quickbbook to html using xslt under Windows
From: Daniel James (dnljms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-11-17 23:36:50

On 17 November 2015 at 22:39, Edward Diener <eldiener_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> In the process of building my source from quickbook to boostbook to docbook
> to HTML an XML file is generated which has the path to my VMD library's
> reference file as one of the sections of my documentation. The line in
> vmd.docbook is:
>
> <xi:include xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude"
> href="E%3a/Programming/VersionControl/modular-boost/libs/vmd/doc/vmd_reference.xml"/>
>
> The xsltproc is called with the full path to vmd.docbook to transform this
> XML file:
>
> xslt-xsltproc.windows
> C:\Programming\VersionControl\modular-boost\build\boost\bin.v2\libs\vmd\doc\gcc-mingw-5.1\debug\vmd.docbook
>
> The result, however, is an xslt error because xslt does not recognize the
> '%3a' as a colon ( : ) and so I get:

In URLs the colon is a separator between the schema and the path, so a
windows path like E:\path' is interpreted as a URL with the schema
'E', which wouldn't work. That's why the href has to be something like
'file:///E:/Programming/....'. So I guess the fix is to add support
for this URL syntax to quickbook, or perhaps to use relative paths
(tricky because it isn't clear where the build is going to be done
from). What does the boostbook file look like?