Re: [Boost-docs] Problem building documentation from quickbbook to html using xslt under Windows

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] Problem building documentation from quickbbook to html using xslt under Windows
From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-11-18 12:57:18

On 11/18/2015 4:28 AM, Daniel James wrote:
> On 18 November 2015 at 00:32, Edward Diener <eldiener_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> Thanks for catching that ! Then the bug is in generating an invalid URL
>> somewhere in the Boost build process by a Boost build tool.
>
> Oh sorry, it is a quickbook bug. On windows it doesn't generate
> correct file urls. I just need to write something to do that. This has
> never come up before, since I think everyone who builds under windows
> use cygwin, or something similar. There might be other problems.

I have used bjam before to build documentation locally from the Windows
command line without this problem occurring. It seems to have occurred
once I put my Boost source on a different Windows drive letter than my
build output. In other words previously I had the Boost source in a
directory on my c: drive and I was not specifying a --build-dir option
on my bjam command line. Once I decided to move my Boost source to my e:
drive, in order to share it between different Windows OSs ( Vista, 7,
8.1 ) to which I can multiboot my computer, and then specify a
--build-dir option which points my build output to a directory on my
local c: drive for each Windows OS, the problem shows up. I mention this
just as an aid to help you fix this problem.

>>> What does the boostbook file look like?
>>

>> What do you mean by "What does the boostbook file look like?" ? Do you want
>> me to list the entire vmd.docbook ? It's pretty large, some 7691 lines. I
>> could of course put it on pastebin.
>
> I meant the file vmd.boostbook which quickbook generates, but
> nevermind. Now that I've looked into it, the problem is pretty clear.

Great ! When you get a fix on the 'develop' branch I will be happy to
test it out for you.