Re: [Boost-docs] Query regarding boostbook and documentation

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] Query regarding boostbook and documentation
From: Stefan Seefeld (stefan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-01-04 13:04:03

On 04.01.2016 01:35, Robert Ramey wrote:
> On 1/3/16 4:02 PM, Stefan Seefeld wrote:
>> I know this isn't what Boost itself is using right now. Hopefully, once
>> the above is completed, Boost may switch to free itself from having to
>> maintain yet another home-grown tool / language.
>
> what does thie mean exactly?

It means that - ideally - the document schema (and tools) now known as
"BoostBook" should become part of DocBook, freeing Boost developers to
focus their attention on library design rather than support tools. And
it means that - again, ideally - more people will be able to benefit
from all of that work, not just Boost developers.

Technically it means that Boost documentation will be able to depend on
DocBook 5, rather than remaining stuck with an old DocBook 4 version
against which the BoostBook DTD was developed.

        Stefan