Re: [Boost-docs] Query regarding use of benchmarks in documentation

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] Query regarding use of benchmarks in documentation
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-01-10 06:14:06

On 1/9/16 9:36 PM, Soul Studios wrote:
> For libraries where real-world performance is a pragmatic consideration,
> does putting comparative benchmarks in the documentation make sense? I
> ask because I do not see any in my brief reading of the boost docs, but
> obviously complexity guarantees are not sufficient (or even relevant) in
> this way.
> Thanks,

Some libraries include such information. For example, the serialization
library has a directory for Performance tests. It looks just like
test and example. So it's available for anyone who want's to run
it but it's not part of the official boost. The current setup
doesn't prevent other directories besides the "official ones"
For example, the serialization library has CMake, performance,
and utillity beside the official sanctioned src,include/build
and example.

Robert Ramey