[Boost-docs] Doxygen (non)-processing of namespace detail

Subject: [Boost-docs] Doxygen (non)-processing of namespace detail
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-03-09 17:17:46

After some significant time (and significant reduction in work for my hairdresser),

I find that any namespace containing "detail" does not process the Doxygen stuff into Boostbook and thus not into the final html.

Am I right in thinking that this is a feature?

in

I:\modular-boost\tools\boostbook\xsl\doxygen\doxygen2boostbook.xsl

  <!-- The namespace used to identify code that should not be processed at all. -->
  <xsl:param name="boost.doxygen.detailns">detail</xsl:param>

  <!-- The substring used to identify unspecified types that we can't
       mask from within Doxygen. This is a hack (big surprise). -->
  <xsl:param name="boost.doxygen.detail"><xsl:value-of select="$boost.doxygen.detailns"/>::</xsl:param>

My experiments seem to show that namespace 'details' is also not processes (but detai is).

Since one might want Doxygen to process details for maintenance, this seems a rather blunt mechanism, compared to

1 Not processing header files with Doxygen that contain detail sections by choice of input in doxyfile/ jamfile.

2 Using the Doxygen mechanism \cond BOOST_DETAIL ... \endcond to control what is 'Doxygenated' into the boostbook.

(It is going to be common to do this anyway to avoid 'clutter' that the template-heavy Boostish code produces when using
Doxygen/Quickbook/Boostbook to process the info in Doxygen-syntax comments).

Could this be done better?

Paul

---
Paul A. Bristow