[Boost-docs] How to center an image using quickbook (or a .css)

Subject: [Boost-docs] How to center an image using quickbook (or a .css)
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-04-01 13:50:20

I've been trying to center (or at least shift off the left margin) images in a Quickbook generated document.

The Quickbook manual and

http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/ImageAlignment.html

suggests that

[$smiley.jpg [align center]]

should work (as [$smiley.jpg [align right]] and the default [$smiley.jpg [align left]] do work).

But seems to have no visible effect (and produces align="middle" in the html, which is vertical and not horizontal alignment).

I conclude that this is no longer an html feature?

So I looked briefly at adding a margin, using a custom CSS, building on Boostbook.css, as I doing already but this is clearly not in
my current skill-set :-(

Any suggestions on how to do this?

How difficult can it be ;-)

Thanks