[Boost-docs] Automatically generating libs/libraries.htm

Subject: [Boost-docs] Automatically generating libs/libraries.htm
From: Daniel James (dnljms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-05-06 09:00:46

Hi,

One the new release is out, I'd like to start automatically generating
libs/libraries.htm. You can see a rough version of the automatically
generated file at:

http://beta.boost.org/doc/libs/develop/libs/libraries.new.htm

For comparison, the current manually maintained file is at:

http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_60_0/libs/libraries.htm

There are differences in capitalization, categories, etc. so it won't
be a seamless change. I don't really think it's worth putting the
effort in to avoid that. I might add a few anchors so that existing
links don't break.

Also, it's based on the current release, which is why it doesn't have
any of the new 1.61 libraries in there. The final version will be
based on the branch it's generated for, so that will be fixed.

I'm currently thinking of checking the generated file into the repo,
but maybe it'd be better to check in a template and generate it as
part of the release process? The disadvantage would be that git
checkouts won't have the library list, but the advantage would be that
no one would accidentally check in changes that get overwritten.

Daniel