Re: [Boost-docs] Automatically generating libs/libraries.htm

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] Automatically generating libs/libraries.htm
From: Daniel James (dnljms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-05-09 10:24:04

On 6 May 2016 at 12:56, Edward Diener <eldiener_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> I think it is better to check in the template and just specify how to
> generate the library list from the template.

Okay, I wouldn't want to check the php template into the repo, so I
converted it to use a subset of Mustache template language. That way
it should be easy to script using other languages as there are a lot
of Mustache implementations out there. The template file is currently
at:

https://github.com/boostorg/website/blob/master/common/code/templates/libraries.htm

I haven't actually used proper Mustache yet, so I might have got the
syntax wrong, I'll check it later. I'll move into the super-project
once everything is in place.

I've created a little API for generating pages:

http://www.boost.org/doc/generate.php?page=libs/libraries.htm&version=master
http://www.boost.org/doc/generate.php?page=libs/libraries.htm&version=1.60.0

So for now all the release script will have to do is download the
file. We might want to do something a bit smarter later on, as there
are a few other files which could do with similar automatic
generation.