[Boost-docs] GitHub no longer renders html

Subject: [Boost-docs] GitHub no longer renders html
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-10-06 17:44:35

https://www.dropbox.com/help/16

For our advanced users

Dropbox Basic (free) users: *****Beginning October 3, 2016*****, you can no longer use shared links to render HTML content in a web
browser. If you created a website that directly displays HTML content from your Dropbox, it will no longer render in the browser.
The HTML content itself will still remain in your Dropbox and can be shared.

I suspect this type of use was causing too much traffic?

so my documentation prepared at

https://github.com/BoostGSoC15/fixed_point

is no longer usable unless copied somewhere.

I can see how to just *copy the generated /html* to a BoostGSoc15.github.io/fixed_point, but the build using Quickbook assumes that
is in the Boost tree to get the icon, navigation and admonitions icons etc, so it would not work 'as is'.

I would like to just rebuild the docs and have the index.html redirect to the

https://github.com/BoostGSoC15/fixed_point/index.html

This sounds the Right Thing to Do, but I can't see how to do it.

Suggestions welcome.

Paul

---
Paul A. Bristow