Re: [Boost-docs] [quickbook] setting boost.root as an absolute URL

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] [quickbook] setting boost.root as an absolute URL
From: Joaquin M López Muñoz (joaquinlopezmunoz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-10-15 13:15:18

El 15/10/2016 a las 14:59, Daniel James escribió:
> On 15 October 2016 at 11:15, Joaquin M López Muñoz
> <joaquinlopezmunoz_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> but, to my dismay, this fails to produce docs properly linking to absolute
>> CSS and images in boost.org.
>>
>> Any clue? Thank you very much
> It's set up to only use the main boost stylesheets when being built
> inside the boost tree, outside of the tree the default is just
> 'boostbook.css'. To use the boost tree settings, I think you need to
> do:
>
> boostbook standalone
> : poly_collection
> :
> <xsl:param>boost.root=http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_62_0
> <xsl:param>boost.defaults=Boost
> ;

Hey, this works! Thank you very much. The lack of documentation on
QuickBook is
frustrating sometimes... I still wonder how Antony managed to do the
same thing
without (seemingly) including the boost.defaults bit.

> 'boost.defaults' is normally set in the main boost tree's Jamroot, the
> idea being that libraries built outside of the boost tree will want a
> local copy of the stylesheets and images so that the documentation can
> work offline, and won't want the home, libraries, etc. links at the
> top of the page. This is what I use to get a copy the css files and
> images:
>
> [...]

I don't need to download that stuff as the docs I'm producing are
intented for
web consumption only. Thanks again!

Joaquín M López Muñoz