Boost logo

Boost :

Subject: Re: The Grand Merge and status of Boost 1.68 and develop branch
From: Mateusz Loskot (mateusz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-07-24 09:02:42

On 23 July 2018 at 23:47, Stefan Seefeld <stefan_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> On 2018-07-23 05:28 PM, Mateusz Loskot wrote:
>> Regarding the status of the Boost 1.68 prep:
>> Are we done and no more merges into the master should be expected?
> Well, there is as a potential fix
> still to be merged,

I've just merged it.
Let's see if

> and there is,
> which Christian merged into `develop`, but which isn't merged into master yet
> (I'm a bit reluctant, as I haven't seen a test case that shows the
> issue, and more importantly, that this PR actually fixes it).

I agree, hence I've started attempt to bring related test in.

> Feel free to
> follow up on either of those. I'm on vacation this week, and will be back
> online next week. So if you feel comfortable with either of the two above,
> please move ahead...

TBH, I'd prefer to leave the merging to you.

Meanwhile, I will try to help @adrianbroher to bring a test for #118

> For now I'd prefer to keep the develop branch closed so we can use it to add
> and merge bugfixes to master if needed.


>> IOW, has the develop opened for regular development, so can I move forward
>> with the tests refactoring?
> Can you do this work in feature branches ? That way we can merge them as
> soon as the release is out.

No problem, but this work can wait until Boost 1.68 is out.

Best regards,

Mateusz Loskot,

Boost list run by Boost-Gil-Owners