Subject: Re: Do we need doxygen file header?
From: Mateusz Loskot (mateusz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-09-28 08:17:17

On Thu, 27 Sep 2018 at 23:45, Mateusz Loskot <mateusz_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> > > \author is or moves to the copyright
> >
> > Unless it's a project created by a single developer, I don't think
> > "author" is meaningful.
> > Many people will touch a file over its lifetime
> > (details of which can be extracted from the git log).
>
> However, there are source code licensing experts even argue the copyright notice
> as completely pointless to determine creation provenance and claim authorship.

As sort of a proof to that statement, look at [1]:

Copyright 2013 Christian Henning

then

/// \author Olivier Tournaire \n
///
/// \date 2011 \n

We can write whatever we want in the file, but for a lawyer its
credibility is close to an estimation :)

[1] https://github.com/boostorg/gil/blob/2a74410c4ea62328600aba7117fc503014d4eb85/include/boost/gil/extension/io/raw/read.hpp

Best regards,

Boost list run by Boost-Gil-Owners