Subject: Re: Maintenance of BOOST_GIL_VERSION
From: Mateusz Loskot (mateusz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-03-29 14:02:21

To make a closure, here is summary of the current decision (for Boost
1.70) that we just agreed on Gitter:

Stefan Seefeld @stefanseefeld 14:59
yes. But given that we haven't updated that in a while, I'm not sure
anyone will notice :-) I think it's better we think a bit about what
we want that number to represent (and then, how to generate it
properly), before we change it again.

Mateusz Łoskot @mloskot 15:00
Sure. I just expected/pushed towards we make a clear decision now.
So, I'm satisfied with what you've summarised

ML

On Mon, 25 Mar 2019 at 21:13, Mateusz Loskot <mateusz_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Shouldn't we increase the version with every Boost release
> that delivers any changes to GIL code?
>
> The version is described [1]:
>
> /// This is a simple integer that is incremented by one every
> /// time a set of code changes is merged to the develop branch.
> #define BOOST_GIL_VERSION 22
>
> Assuming the description is correct, then every time we merge
> new non-trivial changes from GIL's develop to master for release
> with new Boost version, the BOOST_GIL_VERSION should be
> increased, no?
>
> [1] https://github.com/boostorg/gil/blob/develop/include/boost/gil/version.hpp
>
> Best regards.
> --