From: stefan (stefan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-06-06 17:45:00

On 2019-06-06 1:13 p.m., Mateusz Loskot wrote:
> The only thing I may be concerned about is situation that we end up
> merging to the upstream develop branch incomplete or partial features,
> or undocumented features, or untested features.

Yeah, I was only thinking of self-contained completed features.

But we do have the usual code review process, so as a last resort can
raise those points then.

> So, following our chat on Gitter, let's agree that a part of GSoC work is ready
> to be submitted as PR against develop in upstream repo, iff:
>
> 1. The work is a complete feature.
> 2. The work includes tests.
> 3. The work includes at least basic documentation describing
> what a feature does and how to use it.

All good.

> 4. The work has been reviewed and approved
> (i.e. via PR in `BoostGSoC19/gil-{miral,olzhas}` repo).

While I fully expect the development process prior to a PR to involve
(informal) code reviews and even collaboration, I'm not sure mandating
two PRs in a row (once to get it into the GSoC repo, then again to get
it into upstream) is really necessary or useful.

Stefan

Boost list run by Boost-Gil-Owners