From: Mateusz Loskot (mateusz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-06-07 19:41:54

Hi,

Today I stumbled upon an interesting comment to a GIL related quetsion on
StackOverflow [1]:

"Create an image of, say 512x512. Fill it with red pixels. Write to PNG. I can't
find anything about doing any of that, at all, in the documentation for gil."

and

"I had this same problem (...) the tutorial material shows you a ton of clever
stuff with the view types...but then you come to try it yourself and realize
you've still been given no idea how to actually create an concrete image for
a view to refer to!"

I think these are very important hints to us on how to make the documentation
better. We need to consider growing the tutorials section, writing it as a
cookbook of basic and short recipies.

And, despite the lacking documentation the person is willing to share some good
opinion: "stick with it [GIL], it really is an incredibly elegant library
for dealing with images". This should be encouraging, innit? :D

[1] https://stackoverflow.com/questions/5889235/creating-image-with-boost-gil#comment6776063_5889235

Best regards,

Fingerprint=C081 EA1B 4AFB 7C19 38BA  9C88 928D 7C2A BB2A C1F2

Boost list run by Boost-Gil-Owners